Easy to make, nutritious and delicious. That’s why we fell in love with this recipe!
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 20 Minutes
- Total Time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4 to 6 People
- 1kg Whole Green Plantains – Cheeky Foods
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 c. chopped cilantro
- 6 lemons
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 large avocado
- Soda crackers - Saltin Noel
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water and bring to a boil.
- Dice plantains and boil to al dente or slightly fork tender. Pour into a strainer and run cold water over top to speed cooling. Move plantains to a medium bowl.
- Chop remaining vegetables and add to the plantains. Add the juice of 6 lemons, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate covered and allow to marinate, stirring every hour or so, for at least 3 hours. Serve cold with SALTIN soda crackers.