Cheese Filled Cassava Balls
Crispy, delicate, and so cheesy!
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Total Time 20 Minutes
- Serves 12 People
- 1kg Cassava sticks – Cheeky Foods
- 2 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Avocado / Guacamole for serving
- Cook the yuca in a large pot with salted water over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mash.
- Place the eggs in a bowl. Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Form 12 balls with the mash. Flatten them with your hands and place 1 piece of cheese in the center and form the ball again to cover the cheese.
- Dip the balls into the beaten egg covering all sides, and then cover them with breadcrumbs.
- Fill a large skillet with oil and heat over medium-high heat to 350F. Place the balls into heated oil and fry for 4 minutes or until brown on all sides, turning over once about halfway through. Remove from the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.