- Prep Time 20 Minutes
- Cook Time 75 Minutes
- Total Time 95 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 1kg bag of Sancocho Potato & Plantain Soup Mix – Cheeky Foods
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground achiote
- 12 cups of water or more if necessary
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 500g of pork meat or pork ribs
- 500g of beef cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh corianderIngredient #1
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the onions, pepper, garlic and cumin in the blender with 1/4 cup of water.
- In a large pot, place the beef, pork, chicken, onion mixture, salt and the Sancocho Soup Mix.
- Add the water and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Continue cooking until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve in large soup bowls, dividing the meat and chicken and vegetables evenly.